Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Charity

Yesterday, while at a big box bargain outlet store I was asked if I would like to donate to make a less fortunate family's Holiday more holiday-ee, I was checking out, and thought.... Heck yeah I can do that. It'll brighten someone's day. SO I said sign me up for $5. Upon returning home I thought on a whim to check my account balance so I could plan for the lean Holiday shopping I was going to undertake for my own family and friends this week. It turns out that by budget was pretty tight, in fact, I had just over drawn my account by $4.95. OUCH. That means an overdraft fee isa comin. Unfortunately the family won't be seeing the entire $41.85 donation I'll really be making for the betterment of human kind.

A dollar and a dream is all it takes to win the NYS Lottery so they say, or I can hold onto three chances to win 145million dollars and buy a loaf of bread. I think a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at this point is worth 145 million dollars, or lack there of.

No comments: