Thursday, April 30, 2009

MOving

I've officially decided that the Oasis is a thing of the past. I'm packing it up and getting ready to move out at the end of the month. There are a number of places that I've looked at and have on tap, but they're all in Limbo. SO I'm putting my stuff in storage for the time being and surfing for a bit. It couldn't come at a better time, it'll be good to move into a house with a couple of roomates to defray the cost of living and give me a bit more cash to spend on me and stuff (new shoes for the jeep a light bar..... you know necessities).

To add to the awesome that the OAsis is and was, periodically they pump out the septic tanks of the complex. Now if I had a day job it wouldn't be even remotely a problem. I work the night shift so when a poopy tanker decides that it's time to suck up human waste at 9am it isn't that fun. It's the third time they've emptied the tanks in two years and the pipe/manhole cover to the damn thing is just about 15yrds from my balcony. LAst night was brisk yet not cold night in the 'Dirt so I had all my windows and doors open. Wretched isn't the word for what I was stunned out of my sleep to this morning. The last time it happend I drove to a parking lot in my pajamas and waited it out sleeping in my truck. This morning I didn't. Bad call bruther, bad call. They were in and out relatively quickly so it wasn't like 3hrs of shit-festering funk but it was horrid just the same. After they left I couldn't stop laughing....


If I owned a Septic company I would name it SGAS Slurp Gurgle Ack Septic

No comments: