Wednesday, May 6, 2009

CSCF

I checked my mail earlier today for the first time in a week and was pleased to see an envelope from the Christian Science Children's Fund. Now I used to see the commercials where you could donate the cost of a cup of coffee a day to sponsor a child in need. I opened the letter and I was was suprised to see that they had offered me the opportunity to sponsor a child that was in desperate need of some help. It had a picture, it had a vague description of where the child lived somewhere in the northern portion of S. America. Nothing specific. I looked over the material and thought long and hard about my finances to see if I could help.

Unfortunately 110037309 (the name of the child) will have to go without my help.... I went out and bought a cup of coffee. Had they included a name, even a fake name, a pseudo-christian name, or even Joe Smith, it would have sealed the deal. But alas poor 110037309 will have to live in filth and I'm adding some sugar to the coffee.

No comments: