Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winter

I know when winter is here simple by the fact that I can go outside and not realize that my nose is dripping mucous down into my goatee. Only noticing that the liquid is visibly noticable when I get a sideways glance from a passing stranger. Sniffle sniffle wipe repeat. It's sore nose weather. I've seen little kids with snot bubbles, and drippy noses, when you're 33 it may be a bit socially unacceptable.(Unless of course you run onto a crazy hot little betty that has a fetish for snotty faced men who don't see the light of day, then perhaps not....er, um perhaps snot)

It looks like the holiday season is once again going to be a strain here at the Gaz. There are rumors floating around that another round of layoffs are imminent. I feel secure knowing that I'm only 1 of 3 people that do what I do on a regular basis (the other 2 are Union), but the supervisors are asking others to learn my position in a limited aspect under the guise that ""should "I" not be available, or take a sick day they can step in with minimal stress to cover"". [Could they conceivably get rid of a person that is ultimately responsible for the output and upload of the company's only product 39% of their fiscal year?] Miss Kate recently fell victim to the supervisor's hatchet (her position was inifinitely more important) and many others throughout the country are on the block. It seems strange to me that the pre-holidays would be the best time to lay people off from a company's stand-point. I guess that's just because I don't play in the corporate card game. I can say that there will be a mushroom cloud should I be the next victim. It will mean that I've wasted the last three years of my life working nights and missing out on a normal life just to pay bills foregoing a personal life to make ends meet. Nervousness at work for the 3rd time in 16months isn't a good.

Todays Randomness is brought to you by: My ass firmly planted in front of a bank of 10 computers, the word battue • \bat-TOO\ • noun : the beating of woods and bushes to flush game; also : a hunt in which this procedure is used, and the number 122508.

No comments: