Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day walkers

I was fortunate enough to be awakened by a Taxi-cab beeping it's horn at 10-1030am this morning, and for one of the only times in the last 8months I was up and enjoying the day outside my fishbowl. After I accosted the monkey for waking me... I decided to stay up. I doubt he enjoyed a dude in pajama pants, and a wife beater telling him to stop beeping his damn horn and call the number of the moron that paged and wasn't ready for the damn cab. It was cold and sunny. What a novel concept it is to be out in the sun. I have noticed that the number of people milling around in the downtown area of the city have a particularly different look from the sort I usually see. Insert ( Suits and ties for Hoodies and homelessness garb)
Since I was up or if you prefer looking in a mirror and saying Sensuous up go get me a beer, I decided that 11am was a prime time to have some suds and read a book sitting out on my concrete slab of a porch. ( I had no suds) So I made coffee. The juxtaposition of my current reading material and my geographic location is quite strange.
"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can." ~Herman Melville
Reading about a white whale while listening to the constant traffic and police/ fire sirens is just a bit odd specially when you can see two different funeral homes. It was a fitting quote. I got to pretend that the whoop whoop of the Police testing their sirens prior to their shift were sea gulls and that the eggs and bacon I munched down were Hard Tack and rancid stew beef.
Such is the life of me I guess. Now I sit at work wanting to read the end of my classic novel while designing a LIA KIA Ad that will cover an entire page in the paper. Whoop Whoop!

Scratch off will be your salvation!

1 comment:

Shaggy Bob said...

I still need to leard how to spell