Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Coffee


I dig coffee, and if you've ever had the chance to partake; at the Oasis, of the special blend of goodness that I measure out diligently from three different microcosms of the coffee world you know what I'm talkin about here. Somedays though it may be just a bit too much for me, and here's why. ( Have you ever seen the episode of Futurama whne Frye drinks 100 cups of coffee and the world slows down around him?) I'm there. I couldn't fall asleep last night and had a sleep disorder-esque morning. I finally caught a nap at 11am today and slept for the long haul.... I'm talking all of 2hrs. So I decided to brew some heaven and chug it all day long. I'm now seeing the visual representation of how a heart/nuclear reactor melts down... there are garden gnomes running around the office, I can see them when I'm not seeing the kaleidascope of random blotches of color zipping back and forth. I had tunnel vision for a bit, and that was pretty cool, I got to feel as though I was wearing night vision goggles in florescent lighting....

I'm going to continue to imbibe the nectar and hopefully I'll make it to a gittery end of the evening. At that point I'm in hopes that my system will crash and I'll shake the night away in blissful sleep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothing like a mind altering coffee buzz. If you ever need one and don't have time to BYO, you should check out Frappio. I think they sell it nation wide at 7-11 but keep an eye out elsewhere. It is iced coffee in a big-ass can with some kind of secret ingredient that they smuggle into the country from India in the lower intestines of indentured servants for the super rich and/or high tech workers on H1B visas. Regardless, I can't get through half a can without getting the jitters (of course I don't drink that much coffee so you might want to pound the whole thing). Anyway, have fun on your coffee-trip!

Bill said...

Shaggy, the garden gnomes are angry. You're not supposed to see them.

They're coming for you!