Thursday, September 27, 2007

Brooks and Red

If your job centers around bagging groceries, if it's the core of your world as a profession. You should probably follow instruction learned at the Grocery Bagging seminar provided by your local grocery store chain. Albeit a lenghty process involving numerous hours sitting in a room full of other bagging associates, it's an invaluable course. I'm not poking fun at the special/mentally challenged people. I've had numerous occasion to witness their stellar performance and wouldn't scoff at the lessons they could pass along to others.

If say, a package of raw chicken gets passed along the ass-end conveyor along with a pint of Ben & Jerry's, a magazine, and a carton of eggs......... logically eggs don't go in first followed by the magazine topped off with the pint and then chicken. Brooks Hatlen Mc'Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding happened to be on parole and basically pushed me out of the way so that he could recieve my food selections at the after conveyor. I was prepared to "do the deed" myself, he wasn't having any of it.

"I would have mentioned to this gentleman that the groceries were infact probably not going to fair well in their current state; until he dropped the egg covered bag in to my cart, and smiled a broken toothed grin flexing his jailhouse tats "Sorry", he said "no fin' prob man" was my response "I didn't feel like reading a magazine over an omlette anyway"

The only good thing that happened whilst in the SuperMkt today....

...I bought three boxes of cereal with exactly "two" servings per box, the label lies...all the nutrition labels lie. Two serving. Your task...guess which three boxes of cereal I purchased and had Thugs McJustOut-of the Pen bag up for me.

No comments: