Monday, September 3, 2007

Strange day even for me.


After the weekend blow out, it usually takes me a few days to get my bearings again due to the over abundance and non-existance. "i.e. Practices in Alcohol consumption and Sleep depervation." Work last night was a killer, it was even more boring than I had imagined it could be. I caught myself on a number of occasions last night as well as today imagining myself the fancy star in a Noir film. I was narrarating it in my head.....

......After a brief sleep that consumed me for the last 12hrs I was dazed, confused....yet not wanting to roll out of bed to face the daylight. The pillow was comfortable, like laying your head on a supple breast and never wanting to move again. I was hard pressed to not call in and cancel the paper this evening. I can't say as though I miss the dames. I had the kind of afternoon wake up that requires things not quite on the level with birds around. It was a dig at 'em sort of crotch/ ass scratchin that men only waking dream of in the predawn hours....a euphoric scratch that never wants to stop..... After a thorough steelwool treatment I moved on with my day.

I brushed my teeth, the light in the bathroom was overwhelming, small circles, liberal paste...I looked like a rabid dog, (maybe I am).... The shower wasn't much better, I leaned on the cold tile walls,... and let the water glance off me: not really putting too much effort into it. The shave was an unruly one...blood dripped from my jaw bone ruining the freshly laundered towel I used to sop it up...damn new razors, I didn't lop my head off but I sure looked like a stuck pig. That's gonna leave a mark, just another reason to give up the practice entirely......

I made pasta for dinner, nothing too exciting there, boil water and fight the urge to bury your hand in the pot just to know you're alive. Time to kill is the name of the game for this guy..... never up early enough to get something productive done, never sleep late enough so as to rush to catch the plane if ya know what I'm sayin'. I look over old photos, and check to make sure the Xmas Ornament is still getting fanned on the refridgerator door. (A present from, from the W's)
....I smoked a couple of squares and then headed to work, and here I sit, clad in black (not my color but it's just one of those days)...... Caffiene and Nicotine fueled graphic design boredom......

No comments: