Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bat Boy says so....

I was chatting with a friend not to long ago and she was asking whether I find the blog cathartic ( I had to look up the word). Main Entry: ca·thar·sis Pronunciation: k&-'thär-s&s Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural ca·thar·ses /-"sEz/
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek katharsis, from kathairein to cleanse, purge, from katharos
1 : PURGATION
2 a : purification or purgation of the emotions (as pity and fear) primarily through art b : a purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension
3 : elimination of a complex by bringing it to consciousness and affording it expression

Those of you who know me...know that I'm not quite that deep and my attention span is severely lacking. I'd ponder the meaning of life, but I doubt there's enough toilet paper in the world to clean up the mess It would create. I find this particular venue a great way to get things out of my head. I have a lot of strange shite in there you see. I try not to be repressive, obsessive, compulsive, and prejudisive, repetitive, repetitive. If you want a look into the chaotic melon of a monkey you're in the right place.

I'm contemplating making a list of my life's little trials and tribulations so that I can expound on them but don't quite know where to begin. And of course..there's the overall care factor. Life is mundane for me I haven't gots kids, and I'm slowly adjusting to working when everyone else is sleeping and sleeping when everyone else is working. It only took 8months.

Do I start with something like spoiled milk when wanting to munch down some of my favorite cereal, cuz from my experience, only single guys have spoiled milk....and that would lead to a philosophical inquiry as to why either, I have spoiled milk or why I'm single. Is the previous responsible for the latter? Maybe even ?Am I the lazy bastard that can't throw it out? Do I leave it in the fridge so it takes up space, is that why it's still in there "aesthetic value". I'm no frills baby. I know it's bad b'cause every few days I smell it again, or swish the chunks around a bit. "Does spoiled milk maketh the man?". Or do I jump in feet first and yipe about why you're crazy if you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and get jelly in the peanut butter jar. Peanut butter or jelly first? See You're F-in CRAZY!!!

If you're putting your boots on, and break a lace...shouldn't that be reason enough to cancel work for the day. Think about it... That's a traumatic event.... it's not a car wreck, but it'll eat away at you. Not because shoe laces are hard to come by, but more the fact that you have to try and figure out how long to buy them and whether your shoes will stay on your feet until you can get to the store. You stand there like an idiot looking at the shoelace aisle. "Can I help you?" NO! I broke my Damned Shoelace. This is a serious moment for self inflection." Do you bring the broken lace with you wadded up in your pocket? or try to tie the busted pieces back together. Then you have to choose a color. What if it doesn't quite look right? Then you walk around all day thinking people are staring at your feet because your laces don't match up. Next time I break a shoe lace I'm calling in sick. SO I can give my undivided attention to proper lace selection. http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm


BAT BOY SAID I COULD TAKE THE DAY OFF
because I broke my shoe lace
I didn't realize how sketchy that pic was. I'm not going to lie, it freaks me out. But I can't stop looking at it.

No comments: