Monday, December 18, 2006

Urinal notes

I know that it was probably, just someone's absent mindedness, but I wandered into the mens can on the third floor here at the paper and, resting on top of a Urinal was a Post It notepad and a Bic pen. It was an aesthetic beauty of amazing propotions with the pad squarely placed on the left hand portion of the apparatus( slightly fluttered open as if it were a flipbook) below the stainless steel flusher handle, with the black Bic pen resting ever so perilously diagonally across the pad teetering on a death plunge to the floor. I didn't use this particular pseudo-stall that was boasting a perfectly imaculate white Kohler Urinal ( As emaculate as a urnial can get I guess). I didn't want to disturb the scerene nature of the composition.
Although I did take time to admire it from afar. If you're right-brained you get where I'm coming from. Florescent lighting, yellow pad, stark white porcelain, and a black pen, all hovering over a hideously 70's -esque 1x1in tile floor that screams vomitous colors, the yellow reflection of the pad generously distorted in the stainless steel flush tower.

I have always been very much involved in the pseudo biological cycle of production, consumption and destruction. And for a long time, I have been anguished by the fact that one of its most conspicuous material results is the flooding of our world with junk and rejected odd objects.
::: Arman :::

No comments: