Tuesday, August 7, 2007

US, lazy?

Think of anyone in the world being lazy? I bet it was a person in the good old U.S. of A. I caught myself in that boat today while in the supermarket. I was in the frozen food section thinking about what I was going to cook for dinner when I passed it. A large purple box of goodness that I couldn't stop looking at as I was walking. Uber Lazy trumps lazy in this case for sure. I was thinking of some light fare, nothing too hot, I wasn't in the mood to sweat. So I snagged the hometown food goodness of my childhood, only it was prepackaged, frozen and already to be consumed with a 1hr thawing time left out on the counter. I'm talking about none-other than a Smuckers brand product. The epitomy of lazy, and quite possibly the best damn invention since sliced bread with peanut butter and jelly.

"Uncrustables" Sweet Jumpin Jesus on a Purple Pogostick. 10 to a box, slightly less than my average meal...but the friggin crust has already been nixed in the dealy. I can't say I have any disdain for myself or my purchase, they're good. Nothing tastes better than a PB&J that someone else makes for you. I can't remember if I've mentioned it in the past, but that's the way things work. Try it sometime.... get out PB&J mixin's and a friend. Each of you make 2 sandwiches exactly the same, same ingredients, same knife, same amounts (measure if you wish or just eyeball it) Gauranteed the trade off of one of your pals sandwiches will taste better than the one you made for yourself. And visa versa. Sad that lazy is a factor in our society, lazy to the pinnacle of laz when you can't be forced to get the ingredients and make peanut butter and jelly sandwich opting for a frozen round crustless pocket of the Gods.

I'm lazy. There's no helping me.. but at east I'll enjoy my slothily glutonous uncrustable sandwiches for the next 15minutes. They're practically bitesized. Snowman says they're definitely bitesized although I think they're bigger than a standard Zebra Cake.

No comments: