Monday, March 24, 2008

If you put your mind to it, you can

....accomplish anything. I left work early last night with the idea that I would catch up on some sleep. I set the alarm, and planted my melon firmly on my huge pillow. The alarm was set for 3pm which would have given me just over 12hrs of sleep. For all of you thinking that is just a bit much, I understand where you are coming from, for those of you that don't, you're on board with me. The sun was peaking through my sound proof, slightly less than light proof darkroom of a crypty bedroom at nooner. I had turned off the heat last night and the only place remotely comfortable was under the sheets and comforter (did they name it specifically for that reason? comforter- damn engineers and their bedding contributions). I didn't stir until 3, when my alarm went off. Believe it or not, it's the first thing that I've set my mind to that I've accomplished this year. The quitting this the quittng that the getting healthy, the working out and carrying on like a normal human being have all busted at one point or another like a bad blackjack hand. I'd say that new year resolutions were a good thing but most people don't believe in them . It just takes will power. I HAVE NONE. Ask me not to have a tasty cold beer with dinner after it's been placed in front of me, nope. I'm having a ridiculous time quiting smoking, I was great for about a month and slowly they worked their way back into my life. One here, one there, how'd that pack of smokes get in the glove compartment of my truck?

What would Brian Eno do? Im drawing a card and then we'll see which direction I take this in. HAHAHAHAHA draws card=> "You don't have to be ashamed of using your own ideas". Now that's great and all, but didn't I just check the deck for a little inspiration...thus meaning that I wanted someone else's idea to give me that helpful hint?

My idea: sleep on it and decide tommorrow which way I think I should steer my life.

No comments: