Monday, March 17, 2008

ShaggyBob's Movie review of the Moment

I thought I'd do a different post just for a slight change.

How about a movie review.... sure don't mind if I do. This weekend I was in the mood for a dark and bloody gutwrenching scare the bile out of my stomach in either direction kinda mood. So I ventured to the movie place and purchased 30 Days of Night. Synopsis: Vampires take over Barrow Alaska for the entire month that the sun doesn't shine. Google Barrow AK, you'll be sad for them and jealous that they can be off the grid somewhat. SO...here's the long and short of it with out ruining the movie. Poor on acting (main characters) Strong on Vamp. It's predictable, I only didn't know exactly what was going to happen in one particulr situation. I was startled, but not jump up in the air frightened. The Gore was magnificent, and I would honestly give the overall flick a 7 for rewatchability. A great match up of pseudo-cheese and fright, although I doubt they were thinking cheesy when they filmed it. Josh Hartnet(sp) couldn't act his way out of a paper bag in my opinion, but the guy who played Malcolm the head VAmpire, had some chops, I wouldn't shake his hands if his nails are any indication of personal undead hygeine. The voracity of the hungry vampires is what did it for me. And the fact that they did some screetching wasn't destructive to the movie, but it got old quick, like really quick. VAmpires wheezing isn't my cup of tea, I'd rather some nashing and chomping. (Personal preference of course, if you're into emphasemic undead they're spot on.) Oh yeah... it's Gory they did really well with the swimming pools of blood they must have sprayed on everything.

When one gets bored from death and blood letting,t and a movie night is on tap. A nice frosty beverage and "The Good, the bad, and the Ugly" takes center stage but only if you follow it with a "Fist Full of Dollars" and "A few dollars More" (Key the catchy background tune..... now; and you're transported to spaghetti, a small fronteir town where everyone is dubbed poorly and Greeeeeeengoh is a staple, along with copious amounts of mystery bar liqiuds from earthen bottles. And a gunslinger that actuially runs out of bullets and has to reload.) F-Rambo... yay Colt .45.

And just like that it's over....

3 comments:

-RwB said...

A 7... not bad at all for vampires... good times.

Timmy Z said...

Aha!! One of my favorite movie themes... Clint and the spaghetti westerns!! Classic 3, my fave trio! Just watched GBU last week. :-) One happy camper.

Shaggy Bob said...

Perhaps there shall be some Spaghetti in your future as well, let me know if you can make the trip.