Thursday, June 19, 2008

And there she was, Fatima....

12 years ago today I had the misfortune of finding a single can of beer in a little alcove, well it was a crawl space to be exact, called the Hall of Bongs on the third floor of the Fraternity Mansion. It wasn't a beer that I had had before, nor did I want to try it. I remember the can, not the contents "we left it hidden in a wall while doing some renovations for the next sap that comes along". 12 Years ago today on a sweltering summer afternoon covered in fiberglass insulation, surrounded by dead flies, and sweat dripping in my eyes I found....

Olde Frothingslosh....... I thought I was seeing things, it must have been the sweat, nope...there she was, the first moon goddess in my life; Fatima Yechburgh, in all her (grlp, just a little in my mouth) glory.

I don't know how long it had been there, but add 12 to the tally. (somewhere in the neighborhood of 55yrs as of today) I should have opened it and tried it....just for the sake of doing so. Perhaps some things are better left for the next guy with a crowbar, and a little initiative. God Bless ya if you take a swig.

Now... on to ebay to find me a case of this shite, to horrify my friends and family. "I bet it tastes like heaven, or the footbed liner in the running shoes I still have from highschool melting under the tool box in the back of my truck"

".......mmmmmmm, footbed liner in the running shoes I still have from highschool melting under the tool box in the back of my truck."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like she died 8 years ago. I found her eulogy - http://www.post-gazette.com/obituaries/20000529marsha2.asp

I'm glad you didn't drink it, Bob. Her legacy will live on as Matriarch of the Hall of Bongs.

Anonymous said...

are you at the fraternity house this weekend?

Shaggy Bob said...

Not at the fraternity house this weekend, perhaps in a few months I'll sojourn to the Great White North and make an ass of myself for the viewing pleasure of all whom care to witness. But alas.. not this weekend.