Friday, August 1, 2008

Contrary

Contrary to popular belief, it is not better to spend happy hour sitting in front of a computer bank at work, rather than sitting at a pub enjoying a burger.
Contrary to popular belief, when ones boss asks if you want overtime pay for ruining a weekend an having you spend 12days straight at the office, it is not OK to then change said agreement to 20hrs of regular pay and then top it off with 10hrs of comp time. There's a serious storm brewing in my calm.

Once again, I'm in a position that works me in a utility type aspect. I haven't done any graphic design for the better part of six months. That being said should my paycheck reflect the underhanded bullshit that they're trying to pull by not only screwing me out of a weekend, but also the money to reimburse me. It will once again be time to read on and be attentive to ....and other things not-so-holy; there will be a warning: just enough time for you to don your sunglasses and look toward Schenecta'dirt to catch a mushroom cloud. There will also undoubtedly be some awesome coverage on the local and Nat'l news channels of some crazy fuckin guy wearing only boxers and swimming goggles, standing on the smoldering rooftop waving an American Flag taunting news crews with either A.) his hairy beanbag, or B.) his fuzzy little white ass.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: