Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random Office Visits with the Supervisor

It's never a good thing to get called to the principal's office, when you're on the job, it tends to reason that Principal can be translated into Supervisor (whom only is at the office during the night shift to levvy some bad news on one of the nightshift slugs). Not me, a co-worker... they've graciously offered to keep her part-time instead of outright giving her the boot. She's loosing all her benefits, vacation, and seniority, if she decides to stick with the company. Super-bullshit.

I've only had one experience in my life that is similiar, and I took the low road. You may have heard it before but here it goes again. NOT Paraphrased "You can go pack sand in-yer ass". Hence I end up with the company I now work for that is slowly dwindling my night crew to skeletal proportions.

I'm not sure what she'll eventually decide, given that she has until 4pm tommorrow to make up her mind. They let her take the night off to decide..... who the fuck does that? "By the way we're cutting your position to part-time, if you want to continue working here you have to let us know in 24hrs" Her hubby is no doubt a ball of fury right now F-bombing all the mucky mucks here at the office.

So, On my end I'm supportive, and also looking for another job again. Just in case. Making the cut twice in 6months propably means that my number is coming up for the next round. My reasoning....I'm now the only other full-time employee working in the Pre-Press/Graphics Department other than my supervisors. I give me until the new year to sit high and dry then it's anyone's guess.

No comments: