Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Aftermath

After the torrent thunderboomers last evening and a boring night at the old grind I woke up prior to usual this morning to a beautiful sunny day, gentle breeze and a french press full of a specially blended mixture of my own concoction. Far beit from my normal life to waste the daylight hours away contemplating doing something useful for once while the sun is still up and heating the planet. er, uh....yeah.

SO....I started priming the panels that are going to become the installation in my livingroom. 4 panels, 28" x 84", and not enough primer. Malwart didn't have what I was looking for so I went to the local art supply warehouse and decided that perhaps I should pay rent before buying the necessary pigments to cover the panels. It's not like I was thinking of hooking myself up with Lapiz Lazuli or something.....god forbid more expensive. I just wanted some gesso so that I could correctly prepare the panels for oil paint. Art warehouse....gesso....rent,Hmmmm make a decision, right? SO for the rest of this month I'll be begging for OT at the Gazette, and eating like a Ramen gourmet. Impulse (check) level headed forsight with regard to responsibility (not so much). It's never too late to put off being an adult afterall.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Just a thought, but did you try AC Moore? It might be less espensive...maybe.

Shaggy Bob said...

I'm heading that way tommorrow on the day off to spend way too much cash. I'm not positive if I'll hit Clifton Park or venture all the way to Toga. In any event Me thinks it's been like a year and a half since we said hello in person...let's try and shoot for something in the near future. I'm dying to say hello to the you ,old man, Mr. Harrison and Miss Emma